Sunday, June 5, 2011

I said "YES"

I have wanted to start a blog for some time now.  Yet, I was hesitant because sadly enough, I couldn't come up with an acceptable title.  Silly I know, but then one day it came to me...Becoming Mrs.  But, I still couldn't start the blog because I wasn't quite at a milestone to becoming an actual Mrs.  I have always dreamed of the day I will become a Mrs.  As a little girl I was fascinated by the fact that God already had my future husband picked out and that he was molding and growing him into the man I would fall in love with.  I guess I was somewhat of a deep thinker and an innocent dreamer at my young age.  I can remember going to bed at nights and praying to God to keep my boy (whoever he may be) safe and to help him grow to love the Lord. 

A little over two years ago I met that boy that I had prayed for all my life. 

My Michael (as I love to call him) has shown me that true love really does exist.  Our paths crossed at a time in our lives when neither one of us was looking for love, yet it found us.  I knew early on that something was different with Michael.  We really seemed to fit together.  Based on first perceptions, friends would say that we were nothing alike and probably wouldn't last.  Little did they know that me and Michael shared more commonalities than anyone could imagine.  Over the past two years our relationship has really taken on roots and grown into something beautiful. 

I'm happy to announce that on May 7, 2011 my Michael got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!! Of course I said YES! I'm officially on the road to becoming the Mrs. I have always dreamed about so I find it acceptable that I can now officially start my blog.  I hope to use this as a place to document my venture into wedding planning, marriage, and my future with the one God has given me to love. 

I can't wait to become Michael's Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment