Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Piece by Piece

Things are slowly starting to come together...piece by piece. We do have a long road ahead. We hit the "one year 'til" mark last week and are sitting at 355 days until our wedding! Yay! I can't wait to watch that number get smaller and smaller.

Church and reception are booked. Decorating plans are floating around in my head like crazy. Some decoration pieces have already been purchased (pictures and update on that to come). The guest list is being constructed. It is all starting to feel so real. Wedding planning is definitely a process.  I'm glad that I have plenty of time to enjoy and not stress.  I'm also glad that I have a good idea of what I want...it's just a matter of execution, which I learned how to do well back in high school (cheerleading days). 

I honestly just can't wait to see how it all comes together! I'm so very excited and can't wait to put all the special little touches on my big day.  I believe it's the little details that make the biggest difference and I'm really looking forward to crafting my way through the process. 

I love that Michael actually likes to listen to my ideas for our day.  Even if he doesn't care, the simple fact that he will listen to me go on and on about it helps me enjoy each minute even more.  Though he gave me the reigns on this event, I want him to be a part of it and enjoy it just as much as I am. 

In other news, I started my wedding workout today.  Back to P90X.  I'm ashamed to say I haven't worked out in months...yet thankful I haven't gained any weight.  I'm just WAY out of shape.  I can already tell I'm going to be a sore mess.  Another goal of mine is to cut back on my major Diet Coke addiction...it's bad. I'm a visual person and love check lists, so I'm currently considering making a cute checklist to ensure I drink "x" amount of water bottles per day.  At my current state I'm lucky to get one bottle in.  Yet, I manage to drink 3 or more diet cokes a day.  Oops...

I keep a couple special verses written on notes in my momAgenda and today I will leave you with this simple but sweet one...

"I found the one my heart loves." Song of Solomon 3:4

I definitely found the one my heart loves and can't wait to spend my life loving him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment